NL: More gas produced at Q10-A fieldSource: NLOG

NL: More gas produced at Q10-A field

Tulip Oil NL Offshore has drilled three additional production wells from the Q10-A platform to deliver 22.000 boe/d.

The Q10 gas field was discovered in 1973 by the exploration well Q7-1, which encountered gas in the Rotliegend. Tulip Oil drilled the Q10-6 appraisal/development well in 2015.

The gas field is located on a tilted fault block named Zandvoort High, which is bounded by a dip closure in the northwest and southeast directions.

The field consists of three reservoir levels: Triassic Bunter sandstones, Permian Zechstein sandstones and carbonates and Permian Rotliegend Slochteren sandstones.

The Zechstein and Rotliegend reservoir are in pressure communication. The Bunter reservoir is not connected and forms a separate accumulation.

Seismic section through the Q10-A field. Source: Tulip Oil

TONO owns a 60% interest in the Q07a/Q10 block as the operator, while Energie Beheer Nederland (EBN) holds the rest 40% interest. The field development project comprises an unmanned platform with six well-slots.

Initial gas production from well Q10A-01 started in February 2019.  So far three wells have been drilled into the field and brought on stream. A fourth well is to be put into production in the coming days.

The three wells currently on stream are flowing gas from the Q10-A platform at a combined rate of approx. 3.1 MMcm/d – equivalent to approx. 20,000 boe/d.

Commissioning jobs, drilling operations and infrastructure maintenance have determined intermittent production shut-ins, but so far 145 MMcm of sales gas – equivalent to approx. 920,000 barrels of oil – have been produced from Q10-A.

Timelapse project film of the Q10-A Topside Jacket.